Friday, January 20, 2012

Scents and Memories

"Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across thousands of miles and all the years you have lived."- Helen Keller

I don't know about you, but for me scent is the STRONGEST memory.  I can always catch a whiff of something that will take me back in time...either to my great-grandpa's house, my elementary school, or being with certain people in my family. It seems that attached to just about every scent is a memory; some good and some bad, but a memory all the same.  

As I open and smell the new scents Gold Canyon offers in the spring, I am suddenly swirling around in memories of holidays and playing at Grandma's house with my cousins. I step back and realize it is the smell of Sugar Cookies that takes me back to my Grandma's kitchen filled with fresh baked cookies spread all over the counter. And then there is the smell of Leather that takes me back to memories of my Grandpa or my Dad getting new cowboy boots or the day I got a new softball glove. It is these kinds of memories that I cherish the most.  

I would like to know what scents take you back. Whether it be of family, a home, a vacation, friends, there is a memory tied to just about every scent.  What do you remember??


The thing about Gold Canyon is that there are so many great scents to choose from.  All of these scents are created with you in mind.  I mean who wouldn't love their home to smell like Fresh Cut Roses, Leather, or even Sugar Cookies? I have a scent for just about every occasion and every mood...just let me know and I can show you what is best for you and your home!

Please check out my Website (www.mygc.com/itonlymadescents) for the latest in Gold Canyon scents!! And don't forget to like my page on Facebook (Gold Canyon-It Only Made Scents with Ashley Edsell) to keep up with specials and promotions!

Spread the word!! Host a Party!! Earn FREE Candles!!

Thank your for your time!
Ashley Edsell
ashley.edsell@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment